Who is saguf?
Saguf is a specialist society that has been committed to the promotion of environmental and sustainability research in Switzerland for 50 years. It is committed to inter- and transdisciplinary, practice- and solution-oriented research. saguf brings together personalities from public and private research, education, politics, administration and the private sector. It also offers students of all disciplines with an interest in environmental and sustainability issues a platform.
Saguf is a member of the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT, Platform Geosciences) and the Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences (SAGW). She is co-editor of the international scientific journal and initiated the Transdisciplinarity-Net (td-net).
What does saguf do?
- Saguf sees itself as a networker, initiator and bridge builder. It promotes the examination of new and little researched aspects that can be of importance for sustainable development and for solving environmental problems.
- It shapes constructive cooperation between the natural sciences, engineering, social sciences and the humanities and supports the exchange of knowledge between research and practice.
- It reflects experiences with inter- and transdisciplinary approaches and advocates the development of methods and corresponding research and further training opportunities.
- saguf is involved in the political process for all areas of environmental and sustainability research and participates in consultation processes and in the formulation of research programmes and initiatives.
- saguf organises events on current topics and actively informs on its website, in an annual report (newsletter) and on the saguf communication pages in the scientific journal .